- * Enable EMV Chip card acceptance and NFC acceptance
- * Keep EMV and PCI “out of scope” of the Acuity Logic software
- * Work with a variety of browsers and software languages
- * Quick implementation for both developers and they eye care professionals
- * Affordable rates and affordable equipment
Thinking of instant promote the daily special to your customers on line, if so, we are highly recommend the Kiosk Food Promotion (it shows on the large Screen Link with Master Chef POS ) with our new Master Chef Version 4.08!
Feel free to check or message with our Customer service team!…
Master Chef KDS-9001 is a new generation of Kitchen Display System (KDS). This system offers the flexibility to achieve the most desirable kitchen automation features.
Master Chef KDS-9001 represents a significant achievement in KDS technology and patent pending is filed in the US. In essence, Master Chef KDS-9001 is a hybrid system that deploys more than one type of controllers operating in the same KVS system. For standard kitchen stations, highly reliable yet low cost controllers are used.
Master Chef K-9001 Kitchen Display Systems support multi-function kitchen stations such as video training or running other applications high performance controllers are used.
It’s that time of year again when friends and family think about the Christmases of the past and plan for the coming holiday with their loved ones in mind. As we reflect on this wonderful holiday, we must keep in mind that Christmas is not just any holiday but may be the most important one of the year for some people. It is a time for remembering, a time to share the goodness of your heart with others, and for expressing with words and gifts what someone means to you. It is a chance to make wishes come true and to give something from your heart. It is a chance to give a message that will express love and caring to the ones we care about the most. As you write your messages, take the time to make a Christmas wish for each and every person on your list. With these thoughts in mind I would like to give you what I think are the best wishes for this holiday. Here are my examples of Merry Christmas Wishes:
- Happiness— May your life be filled with joy and happiness and may each new day bring you moments to cherish.
- Love— On this joyous day, and throughout the new year, may your life be filled with an abundance of love.
- Fulfillment–Merry Christmas and may you live a long and happy life filled with goodwill and friendship.
- Peace— May this new year bring you peace and tranquility, and as you walk your path may it bring you contentment.
- Prosperity–On this joyous day, and throughout the coming year, may your life be filled with good luck and prosperity.
- Friendship— I hope you know how much I value your friendship. I wish you a very merry Christmas and may we enjoy many more years together as friends.
- Joy of Giving— May your heart be filled with the joy of giving, as it is the expression of the love in your heart and the kindness in your soul.
- Blessings–May the light of love shine upon you, and may your life be filled with blessings in this Christmas season.
- Kindness–On this most blessed day, I wish you love for all your kindness, and I hope the new year will bring you many days of happiness.
- Merry Christmas, and may this new year bring you joy and laughter. To be happy is the greatest wish in life.
- A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; It makes no noise at all, But softly gives itself away; While quite unselfish, it grows small.
- A little smile, A word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year, These make a Merry Christmas!
- Cute Christmas Greeting Cards
- My dear friend, I’m wishing you all the blessings of a wonderful Christmastime and I hope you feel all the job this holiday season has to offer.
- Christmas is about sharing and spending time with family and friends. It’s about creating happy memories with those you love.
- I can’t wait to do all the holiday things with you. I want to bake Christmas cookies, drink eggnog, and decorate the home.
- Top 20 Christmas Greetings
- There are so many gifts I want to give to you this Christmas. Peace, love, joy, happiness are all presents I am sending your way.
- Christmas time is always so hectic. That’s why I’m so glad I have a friend like you to help me out during the holidays.
- I want to wish you and your family all the happiness and joy of Christmas. I hope we can get together this holiday season and spend quality time together.
- I know we are always busy this holiday season but I want to take the time to wish you and yours, happy holidays. I hope we can spend time together soon.
- On Christmas, there’s a reason to be happy and a reason to smile, and there’s a reason why I’m sending Christmas wishes your way. You’re it.
- The tree is decorated, the cookies are made, the gifts are wrapped; now all that’s left is to wish you a Merry Christmas. So, Merry Christmas dear friend.
- Christmas is all about sharing love with your loved ones. That’s why I am taking the time to share love with you and I hope to get some love back.
- May your home be filled with the joy of the Christmas season. Here’s wishing you a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Christmas is a time for cherishing those who bring so many blessings to our lives. May your heart feel that love this Christmas and throughout the New Year ahead.
- What To Write In Your Christmas Card
- It is easy to get lost in the flurry of activity during the holiday season. May you get time to take in the beauty and true meaning of the season and have a Merry Christmas!
- I wish you a blessed holiday season. May this Christmas bring you comfort, joy, peace and happiness to last throughout the coming year!
- This season is so much more than holiday parties and giving gifts. May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this beautiful time.
- As Christmas and the New Year approaches, I want to take time to tell you how blessed I feel to know you. Here’s to wishing you a very Merry Christmas and amazing New Year.
- Christmas Messages for Kids
- The true heart of Christmas is one of wonder and warmth. May any holiday stress you feel fade away and be replaced with this. Merry Christmas!
- May your heart and home be filled with all of the joys the season brings. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
- May all the beauty and blessings this Christmas season has to offer be with you and your family. Happy Christmas to you all!
- Christmas Love Messages and Quotes
- Beneath the hustle and bustle of the holiday season there is the true beauty of connecting with loved ones. May this beauty and joy lift you up during Christmas and the New Year!
- I wish you all the peace and joy of the season! Here’s to wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and Joyful New Year!
- May this Christmas bring joy and love to your heart and soul, and may you start the New Year on a beautiful note. Wishing you the best Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!
- Here’s to wishing you a warm and happy Christmas, filled with the peace, joy and love you deserve. Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year!
- I wanted to take the time to send you my most sincere Christmas wishes. I hope you have a beautiful holiday.
- The holiday season is the best time of year. One of the things that makes it so great is that I get to spend it with you.
- Christmas fills me with hope, joy, love, and happiness. I want you to know that your friendship makes me feel the same way.
- A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it 2gether.
- Christmas Messages for Friends and Family
- A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love.A blessed Christmas to you!
- A song was heard at Christmas. To wake the midnight sky. A savior’s birth, and peace on earth and praise to God on high.
- So thankful am I for having a friend like you. Wishing you blessings for the holidays and the coming year.
- Creating Your Christmas Happiness
- A star has come to earth! Spread the Christmas love and cheer! Merry Christmas!
- As we rejoice and celebrate this wonderful season of Christmas, let us not forget to thank baby Jesus for coming into our lives. Let us together prepare ourselves to welcome him into the homes of our hearts. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
- Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like
- Christmas Messages for Teachers
- Christmas is not a time nor season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and kindness, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
- Christmas is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.
- Christmas is not only about buying new clothes and preparing sweets. Christmas is about spreading the love of Jesus Christ to whomever you meet. May you have a blessed Christmas.
- Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year – and yet, 4 all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.
- Christmas is the one time of year when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ.
- At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.
- Bells are ringing and everyone is singing, It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Bells ring and the birds sing, May you get all the happiness that Christmas brings! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
- Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
- Christmas Quotes
- Blessings and peace of mind that you truly deserve. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
- Celebrate this Christmas like a child. Enjoy the innocent joy of Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.
- Christmas spells out love, hope and joy. Pass it on to everyone in your life. Have a great Christmas.
- Christmas Tip: Make this Christmas special for someone in need. It will automatically become special for you as well. Have a lovely Christmas.
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
- Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind…
- Christmas, here again. Let us raise a loving cup; Peace on earth, goodwill to men; And make them do the washing up
- Don’t get too scared if a fat dude in red shows up at your door step and tries to wrap you up in gift paper. He is Santa Claus and he’s going to simply send you to me, cause I added you to my wish-list this Christmas. Happy Xmas day to you!
- Don’t measure the height of your Christmas tree. Measure the abundance of the love present in your heart! Have a Blessed Christmas!
- Each moment in a day has its own value. Morning brings HOPE, Afternoon brings FAITH. Evening brings LOVE, Night brings REST. Hope u will all of them every day. HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR !
- Faith makes all things possible, Hope makes all things work, Love makes all things beautiful, May u have all the three 4 this Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS
- For a fresh and bright New Year. Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- From door to door, From heart to heart; Christmas binds us together So that we’re never ever torn apart! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- From home to home and heart to heart, From one place to another, The warmth and joy of Christmas, Brings us closer to each other.
- Good news from heaven the angels bring; Glad tidings to the earth they sing; To us this day a child is given; To crown us with the joy of heaven.
- Have an ideal Christmas; an occasion that is celebrated as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions.
- Have yourself a Merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light.
- Heap On The Wood!-The Wind Is Chill, But Let It Whistle As It Will, We will Keep Our Christmas Merry Still!
- Here’s wishing you all the joys of the season. Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
- Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s Christmas time! May love, success, luck and friendship come knocking at your door throughout this Christmas season. Have a wonderful Christmas.
- Hope your Christmas is an ideal measure of fun and laughter!
- I am dreaming of white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write, May your days be Merry and bright, and May all your Christmases be white. Merry Christmas.
- I hope life treats you kind, and I hope you have all you ever dream of, I wish you joy, happiness, peace and prosperity but above all this I wish u love this Christmas.
- I love the Christmas tide, and yet; I notice this, each year I live; I always like the gifts I get; But how I love the gifts I give!
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- I wish Santa brings you the gift of never ending happiness this Christmas! May you and your family be blessed abundantly. Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
- I wish You Lovely X-mas; I wish You Favorable; I wish You Enjoyable; You shall not Lack in this X-mas; Thy Lord shall provide to You!Merry X-Mas.
- I’m sending you warm bear hugs, loving kisses and earnest wishes for the wonderful occasion of Christmas. May you have a splendid Christmas filled with lights, songs and cheer. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you.
- It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.
- It is that time of the year again, when you are thankful for everything Merry and bright. May this Christmas be a delight! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
- Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, May you be blessed this Christmas with peace and love all day! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Jingle the bells and play the music loud, for Santa Claus is coming to town! Happy Christmas.
- Joy to the world, a king has been born! Here’s wishing you and your families peace and prosperity this Christmas! May the Lord send you His abundant blessings! May you have a Merry Christmas and a Gratifying New Year!
- Just like you clean your homes before guests arrive, clean your hearts for Baby Jesus is on his way. Have a Blessed Christmas.
- Keeping Christmas is good, but sharing it with others is even better.
- Let this Christmas be a period of reflection on our past and project to better them the years before us, Let us show greater love and care for one another more in this year.
- Let us get back our childlike faith again.
- Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing.
- Let’s celebrate this blissful New Year. happy Christmas.
- Lets welcome the year which is fresh; Lets welcome the year which is fresh and new, Lets cherish each moment it beholds, Lets celebrate this blissful New Year. Merry X-mas
- Love and Joy came down on the earth on Christmas day 2 make u happy and cheerful. May Christmas spread cheer in your life.
- Love came down at Christmas; Love all lovely, love divine; Love was born at Christmas, Stars and angels gave the sign. Merry Christmas.
- Love is what’s in the room with u at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
- Love makes all things beautiful, May you have all the three for this Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- Love, Peace and Joy came down on Christmas day to make you happy and cheerful. May Christmas spread cheer in your lives! Merry Christmas…
- Love, Peace and Joy came down on earth on Christmas day to make you happy and cheerful. May Christmas spread cheer in your lives!
- Love, Peace and Joy came down on earth on Christmas day to make you happy and cheerful. May Christmas spread cheer in your lives!
- May all the stars descend from heaven into your home. Here’s wishing you a joyous Christmas. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire; To gladden your hearts and fill every desire.
- May all your days be Merry and bright and may your Christmas be white! Merry Christmas!
- May baby Jesus bless you and your family this Christmas with wonderful and spiritual gifts. I wish you a Memorable and Bright Christmas this year. Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you and all your loved ones.
- May baby Jesus make all your dreams, aspirations and wishes come true. May love and friendship come your way to stay with you forever. I wish you have a perfect Christmas this year. Merry Xmas buddy!
- Wish you a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life!
- Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with fun and frolic!
- Wishing your family all the jingly, jolly joys of Christmas.
- Wouldn’t life be worth the living; Wouldn’t dreams be coming true; If we kept the Christmas spirit; All the whole year through?
- You are special, you are unique; may your Christmas be also as special and unique as you are! Merry Christmas!
- Your smile is contagious, pass it on to everyone around. Make everyone happy all along! Merry Christmas!
- May Christ bless you with all the happiness and success you deserve! Merry Xmas!
- May joy and happiness snow on you, may the bells jingle for you and may Santa be extra good to you! Merry Christmas!
- May love be in your life. May hope be in your heart. May peace be in our world.
- May our love find its way to your heart this holiday season. Have a wonderful time. Merry Christmas.
- May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
- May peace, happiness and goodwill be with you and your family not only on Christmas, but throughout the year and beyond. Wishing you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- May peace, love and prosperity follow you always.
- May Santa and his elves bring you bundles of joy and the Yuletide cheer!
- May Santa Claus bring you lots of gifts! May your home be filled with peace and bliss! May Jesus shower His abundant blessings on you! Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Promising New Year!
- May Santa Claus grant you all that you wish for this Christmas. Here’s wishing you and all your loved ones a very Happy and Joyous Christmas.
- May the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Bring you and your family endless prosperity.
- May the closeness of friends, the comfort of home and the unity of our nation, Renew your spirits this holiday season.
- May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of 2morrow. Wish you lots of love, joy and happiness.
- May the good times and treasures of the present; Become the golden memories of tomorrow. Wish you lots of love, joy and happiness. MERRY CHRISTMAS
- May the lovely spirit of Christmas bring you lots of peace, joy and happiness. May it live with you all through the Christmas season. Here’s wishing you a Wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
- May the sadness and gloom in your life be replaced with never ending happiness and cheer! Smile my dear, for the season of Christmas has finally arrived here! Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
- May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace. The gladness of Christmas give you hope. AND The warmth of Christmas grant you love. Happy Christmas.
- May the winds of love and joy visit your homes this Christmas and live with you and your family for today and forever. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May this Christmas be bright and cheerful and may the New Year begin on a prosperous note!
- May this Christmas be so special that you never ever feel lonely again and be surrounded by loved ones throughout!
- May this Christmas bring you all the joys of heaven. May you have angels rejoicing at your doorstep. May Baby Jesus teach you the true meaning of life. May this Christmas bring you closer to him. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- May this Christmas bring you all the love and luck in the world! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May this Christmas burn away all your sadness and bury the tears so that your life is perpetually filled with happiness and joy.
- May this Christmas end the present year; On a cheerful note and make way
- May this Christmas turn out to be better that you ever expected. Merry Christmas to you. Go out and spread the joy!
- May this year be more promising than the year before! Spread the happiness all around you! It’s Christmas! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!
- May you and your family cherish the wonderful memories, of love, care and hope. May you live life in joy and peace. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- May you find more smiles on your face this Christmas than ever before! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Make it grand!
- May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill. And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy. Have a Merry Christmas.
- May your hearts be filled with peace and faith in God. May your days of doubt be replaced with days of hope and cheer. May you and your family get nurtured with lots of love! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to your loved ones!
- May your neighbors respect you. Trouble neglect you. The angels protect you. and Heaven accept you. Happy Christmas.
- May your world be filled with warmth and good cheer this Holy season, and throughout the year! Wish your Christmas be filled with peace and love. Merry Xmas.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to your family!
- Merry Christmas, Enjoy New Year,Happy Easter, Good luck on Valentines,
- My Christmas wish for you, my friend; Is not a simple one; For I wish you hope and joy and peace; Days filled with warmth and sun.
- My special wishes to you and to all those to are close to you. May you have a Christmas that is more special than it has ever been. May Baby Jesus bless you abundantly.
- Not everyday does it happen that we get to wake up to a bright and beautiful Christmas morning. Make the most of today. Have a lovely Christmas.
- One of the greatest joys of Christmas is having your whole family by your side to celebrate it with you. I wish you and your entire family a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
- Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day
- Rejoice and be glad for the Saviour has been born! Merry Christmas and a prosperous and fun-filled New Year!
- Remembering its poignant meaning 4 the hearts of men.
- Santa Claus has come to town, So all you children sing aloud! Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho Ho!
- Santa Claus is on his way, It’s going to be a bright and a happy day, So pass on the happiness to every person you meet, Brighten up their day and touch their lives beneath. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
- Sending the warmest Christmas wishes to you and your family. May God shower his choicest blessings on you and your family this Christmas!
- Sending you all my love and the choicest blessings from heaven this Christmas. May you have a brilliant Christmas season. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
- Sending you the spirit of love, joy and giving. Unwrap it on Christmas eve. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
- Sharing with u the Glory; the Wonder, the Miracle; of this Holy Season. Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year.
- Smile, sing and be glad! It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the blessings of the Lord remain with you today and forever!
- Special Christmas greetings to a person who is just so very special. We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.
- Spread the love, happiness and Yuletide cheer to all you meet. Have a rocking Christmas.
- Spread the warmth of the Christmas season to all those around you and make this world a beautiful place to live in. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Take Christ out of Christmas, and December becomes the bleakest and most colorless month of the year.
- That’s all what you are! Merry Christmas, my dear friend!
- The babe of Bethlehem was born today. May His peace, love and serenity descend upon you and remain with you forever and ever! Here’s wishing you a blessed and a holy Christmas!
- The best gift you could give baby Jesus on his birthday is a clean heart. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year that follows.
- The best gifts in life will never be found under a Christmas tree, those gifts are friends, family, children and the one you love.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other
- The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.
- The making of cribs, the preparation of sweets; the baking of cake, the chocolate icing underneath; The Christmas carols sung out loud, brings happiness and bliss all the year round! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- There’s nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.
- This Christmas as you count your blessings sent to you by the Almighty, don’t forget to pray for those you aren’t able to partake in this wonderful celebration. I wish you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year ahead.
- This Christmas give us a message that we should live unite with great peace, So, here is a bundle of some sweet wishes for you. Merry Christmas…
- This Christmas I just want you to know that you have been the best gift I have ever received. And every Christmas the only thing that I will ask Santa is to strengthen our relationship. Merry Christmas to you and also a very Happy New Year ahead.
- This Christmas may all that you ever dreamt of, turn into reality. Merry Christmas to you my dear and followed by a Happy New Year.
- This Christmas may all your efforts turn into achievements. May you be rewarded in hundred fold. Merry Christmas to you my dearest one!
- This Christmas may Santa Claus get you lots and lots of gifts. May all those gifts be just want you always wanted. May all your wishes, dreams and desires come true this Christmas. Have a Blessed Christmas.
- This Christmas may you get the opportunity to explore joy and lots of love that Christmas brings your way. Happy Christmas to you and a Happy New Year ahead.
- This Christmas, make it a point to bring a smile to every face you see. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Make it a special one!
- This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone.
- To a joyful present and a well remembered past. Best wishes for Happy Holidays and a magnificent New Year.
Read more wishes and quotes: http://www.wishesquotes.com/christmas/christmas-wishes#ixzz3uX0uy4Hs
Time was in America that stores routinely closed on Thanksgiving Day. People sent Thanksgiving greeting cards, people donned odd costumes and schools and communities staged elaborate parades and Thanksgiving pageants in which Native Americans and pilgrims gathered together and smiled and waved.
This year, as Forbes reports, “Many stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day in order to gain an extra selling day.” The sending of holiday cards by snail mail is in steady decline, according to the Hartford Courant. Millennials are moving toward healthier Thanksgiving dinners, The Washington Post reports, and tossing out the cranberry sauce. And the Thanksgiving Pageant has become politically controversial.
Last November, writing in the San Diego Union, Logan Jenkins pointed out that the traditional Thanksgiving pageant – celebrated in schools for decades – has become challenging. He cites an instructional video – created by a California school district for kindergartners — that calls on all school-sponsored Thanksgiving celebrations to incorporate “more than one point of view”.
Incorporating the true feelings and actions of the Native Americans and the European immigrants is a complicated undertaking.
“In practice, the easiest way out of the Thanksgiving mess may be to do what schools did with Christmas events many years ago,” Jenkins wrote. “Take it off the table.”
Right before our eyes, Thanksgiving is changing. Shape-shifting. Thanksmorphing.
Why do some traditions abide and others appear — and then fade away — like floats and balloons in a Thanksgiving Day parade?
The Patriotic Turkey
The notion of the patriotic turkey, for instance.
Who knows where it started? Perhaps in the 18th century when Benjamin Franklinfamously praised the turkey as “much more respectable” than the national-symbol eagle. Or in the mid-19th century when people started habitually referring to the fowl in print as the “noble turkey”. Or maybe it was around the turn of the 20th century, when the idea of the Thanksgiving turkey as sacrificial bird began to take flight.
This last construct was summed up in a Vest Pocket Essay published in the San Francisco Call on Nov. 18, 1911. “The turkey is the national bird of thankfulness,” the writer expounded. And “the patriotic turkey dies for his country on Thanksgiving day.”
All but forgotten nowadays, the patriotic turkey — bestrewn with bunting, flanked by flags —was a popular character on another gone-with-the-wind Thanksgiving tradition…
The Thanksgiving Greeting Card
First advertised in the late 19th century, the Thanksgiving greeting card – like the Christmas card — was a prevalent holiday fixture in this country for decades.
“The newest thing in picture cards,” noted the Nashville Tennessean on Oct. 31, 1880, “are the thanksgiving cards to be sent on the Puritan festival, which has become a national holiday.”
A book store in Scranton, Penn., according to the local Truth on Nov. 18, 1910, sold linen Thanksgiving greeting cards with the message: “A sincere wish from the sender / That your Bird will be plump and tender.” Card and envelope cost a dime.
Certain themes — such as huge turkeys pulling carriages, young children riding huge turkeys and the aforementioned patriotic turkey – came and went.
Sincerity was the mood a la mode. “The sentiments of the 1932 cards,” the Daily Messenger in Canandaigua, New York, reported on Nov. 21, 1932, “hark back strongly to the courageous spirit of the Puritan Thanksgiving. Wise-cracking remarks or good wishes in the pert spirit of modern youth are rare.”
The Parade Reigns On
Gone are the patriotic fowl and Thanksgiving greeting cards. But many traditional Thanksgiving traditions – such as turkey-centric cuisine and Thanksgiving pageants — prevail. The annual New York Thanksgiving parade is scheduled to take place Thursday morning despite security concerns, Agence France Press reports.
And “the revisionist traditions of Thanksgiving are going strong,” Brooke Hansen who teaches anthropology at Ithaca College tells NPR. “We just had our yearly educational moment at Ithaca College with a presentation by Perry Ground — an Onondaga Turtle Clan educator who does a fantastic job deconstructing the fables of American Thanksgiving — no, the Pilgrims did not land at Plymouth Rock, in fact they didn’t even call themselves Pilgrims …. Turkey was not eaten.”
Perry Ground has been thinking about Thanksgiving for years now. “Not all Native Americans have positive feelings about the Thanksgiving holiday,” he observes in a 2011 essay. “To some it is a reminder of the negative relations between European settlers, later Americans and Native peoples. Since 1970, a small group of Native people led by some Wampanoag community members have declared the day after Thanksgiving to be a National Day of Mourning.. This event, held in Plymouth, Massachusetts each year, recognizes these struggles…”
Ground writes that he celebrates Thanksgiving Day by eating turkey, cranberries and mashed potatoes with his family. “We will watch football, play games, take naps and get ready for the next day’s shopping,” he notes.
And he will be thankful. “That is an idea that we can carry away from this holiday,” he concludes. “We can be thankful for what we have every day.”
The list of companies working with Apple Pay continues to grow.
On Tuesday, Apple announced that in recent weeks the company had signed up dozens more banks, retail stores and startups for Apple Pay, the company’s new e-commerce product, which allows customers to buy things with little more than a wave of their iPhone.
The companies that recently agreed to work with the service include SunTrust, Barclaycard and USAA. Ten more banks, including TD Bank North America and Commerce Bank, will back the new form of payment Tuesday.
Staples, the big-box office supplies retailer, accepts Apple Pay at its 1,400 US locations. Chain grocers like Winn-Dixie and Albertsons take it, too. And on Friday, Amway Center, the home to the Orlando Magic basketball team, will accept Apple Pay at many of its retail and food and beverage stands during games.
While Apple declined to give any new figures on how Apple Pay is doing, other companies have given hints that the service has legs. Whole Foods, the high-end grocery chain that has accepted Apple Pay since the service was released in October, said it had processed more than 150,000 Apple Pay transactions in the early days after the product’s release. McDonald’s, another original participating company, said Apple Pay accounted for 50 per cent of its tap-to-pay transactions in November.
Others giant companies like Google, Verizon and AT&T have offered similar takes on a smartphone-based e-commerce product, to little avail.
“Retailers and payment companies see Apple Pay as the implementation that has the best chance at mass consumer adoption, which has eluded prior attempts,” said Patrick Moorhead, president of Moor Insights & Strategy, a research firm. “They believe it will solve many of the problems they had before with electronic payments.”
Alex Martins, chief executive of the Orlando Magic, said he thought Apple Pay would play a part in bringing other industries into a new digital age.
“One of the biggest pieces of feedback we get from our fans is that the food and beverage lines are too long,” Martins said. “It keeps them from going to the concession stand because they don’t want to miss the action. This, and technologies like Apple Pay, will speed up our service.”
Some industry watchers are bullish on what Apple may do for the mobile payments industry overall. One estimate sees US mobile payments volume reaching $142 billion by 2019, according to Forrester Research. Much of that will be a result of Apple Pay’s effect on the industry, Denee Carrington, a Forrester analyst, said.
Carrington expects Apple Pay to reach $34 billion in e-commerce volume in the United States by 2019.
Mobile rewards are becoming an alternative form of payment for frequent fliers who use their devices for in-store purchases at major retailers and earning miles for each dollar spent.
The mobile environment enables airlines to pursue co-branded opportunities and partnerships with retail and online stores so that loyalty program members have more avenues to earn and burn. The transformation of rewards that can be tracked and redeemed from a mobile device into a traveling form of currency points to how airline-related retailers are responding to consumer demands for more rewards flexibility.
“Mobile devices present unique opportunities for us to reach our customers and offer them benefits that make their travel and other activities easier and more convenient,” said Karen May, spokeswoman and public relations manager for Chicago-based United Airlines, an industry leader in mobile rewards programs.
“Last month, we began offering our MileagePlus X mobile app to a test group of members, enabling them to use their mobile devices to earn miles when making purchases at certain stores.”
United’s MileagePlus X app allows consumers to use their mobile devices for in-store purchases at major retailers such as Lowe’s, Gap, Sears and AMC Theaters and get additional miles for each dollar spent.
The airline invited MileagePlus members using iOS and Android devices to test the new app this holiday season. United plans to roll out MileagePlus X to all members soon, and will be expanding retail options.
United: A leader in mobile rewards.
Rewards have always been an alternative form of payment. The mobile environment makes them available in real time, both for earning and for redemption. So now that rewards members can store and track their rewards on mobile devices, in their mobile wallets, using them for payment becomes an easier transaction.
The convenience level is even greater when airlines establish relationships and partnerships with other travel brands and providers, online retailers and travel retailers.
“Airlines and all other industries are shifting to mobile commerce in response to an entire marketplace that’s becoming more mobile and mobile-friendly,” said Vanessa Horwell, founder and chief client services officer for ThinkInk, Miami.
“This shift means that airlines will have to extend their mobile capabilities beyond the brand, provide the flexibility and utility that consumers want, and support a wider variety of mobile transactions, travel planning, booking, ticketing, upgrading, baggage-tracking, in-flight services and ancillary revenue, among others.
“The airline industry basically established loyalty programs back in the 1980s, and mobile commerce – however it’s carried out – will help define the growth and future of the loyalty industry in coming years,” she said.
United’s MileagePlux X app, which allow users to conveniently pay for in-store purchases and collect up to 24 miles per dollar spent, marks a turning point of sorts for airlines. In the past, airline loyalty programs and rewards were typically offered by or through credit card and travel companies.
Users of the MileagePlus X app have the ability to find participating stores and discover the amount of miles they can receive at more than 50,000 locations. Consumers can also browse merchants’ catalogs or search for specific retailers.
To complete a transaction with MileagePlus X, guests enter the total amount of their purchase into the app, which will create a digital merchant gift card. The store’s cashier then scans the barcode to complete the purchase, and the guest sees award miles instantly show up in the member account.
Guests may also see any additional miles earned purchasing the gift card with a Chase MileagePlus Credit Card. MileagePlus X will offer more payment features in the future, such as the ability to use miles for in-store purchases.
“The MileagePlus X loyalty app is the only direct airline offered program that I’m aware of,” said Djamel Agaoua, CEO of Paris-based MobPartner. “All other related programs are offered by and through credit card and travel companies.”
In terms of mobile commerce, the rewards ramp-up is a way for airlines to combat in-store showrooming while driving purchases and adding value to the bricks-and-mortar store experience.
United’s testing of the app is the latest step in an aggressive mobile strategy.
In October, the carrier announced it would outfit more than 200 United Express regional jets with Wi-Fi for flights to begin later this year. Its moves have included the launch of passport scanning for passengers and their integration with Uber for destination pickups.
Airlines that follow United’s example will benefit in terms of an increase in revenue, trust and brand loyalty with their customers.
“I think airlines are just getting into the market,” MobPartner’s Mr. Agaoua said. “It’s a natural evolution for their respective businesses.”
Airlines are not alone among transportation industry players that are working hard to embrace the new mobile environment. Moves include support for mobile rewards, digital wallets, geolocation opportunities, real-time marketing and other initiatives.
Consumers and technology are both moving in those directions.
United’s mobile app.
Airlines do have their work cut out making up lost ground in mobile innovation compared with advances by the hotel sector and even traditional retailers.
“The real challenge is making sure that the various technologies and platforms work together seamlessly and smoothly,” Ms. Horwell said. “Because a stellar customer experience – regardless of where it occurs – remains at the heart of loyalty to a brand.”
Multiple financial institutions say they are seeing a pattern of fraud that indicates an online credit card breach has hit Park-n-Fly, an Atlanta-based offsite airport parking service that allows customers to reserve spots in advance of travel via an Internet-based reservation system. The security incident, if confirmed, would be the latest in a string of card breaches involving compromised payment systems at parking services nationwide.
In response to questions from KrebsOnSecurity, Park-n-Fly said it recently engaged multiple outside security firms to investigate breach claims made by financial institutions, but so far has been unable to find a breach of its systems.
“We have been unable to find any specific issues related to the cards or transactions reported to us and by the financial institutions,” wrote Michael Robinson, the company’s senior director of information technology, said in an emailed statement. “While this kind of incident is rare for us based on our thousands of daily transactions, we do take every instance very seriously. Like any reputable company involved in e-commerce today we recognize that we must be constantly vigilant and research every claim to root out any vulnerabilities or potential gaps.”
Park-n-Fly’s statement continues:
“While we believe that our systems are very secure, including SLL encryption, we have recently engaged multiple outside security firms to identify and resolve any possible gaps in our systems and as always will take any action indicated. We have made all necessary precautionary upgrades and we just upgraded on 12/9 to the latest EV SSL certificate from Entrust, one of the leading certificate issuers in the industry.”
Nevertheless, two different banks shared information with KrebsOnSecurity that suggests Park-n-Fly — or some component of its online card processing system — has indeed experienced a breach. Both banks saw fraud on a significant number of customer cards that previously — and quite recently — had been used online to make reservations at a number of more than 50 Park-n-Fly locations nationwide.
Unlike card data stolen from main street retailers, which can be encoded onto new plastic and used to buy stolen goods in physical retail stores — cards stolen from online transactions can only be used by thieves for fraudulent online purchases. However, most online carding shops that sell stolen card data in underground stores market both types of cards, known in thief-speak as “dumps” and “CVVs,” respectively.
The CVVs stolen that bank sources traced back to Park-and-Fly are among thousands currently for sale in four large batches of card data (dubbed “Decurion”) being peddled at Rescator[dot]cm, the same crime shop that first moved cards stolen in the retail breaches at Home Depot and Target. The card data ranges in price from $6 to $9 per card, and include the card number, expiration date, 3-digit card verification code, as well as the cardholder’s name, address and phone number.
Last month, SP Plus — a Chicago-based parking facility provider — said payment systems at 17 parking garages in Chicago, Philadelphia and Seattle that were hacked to capture credit card data after thieves installed malware to access credit card data from a remote location. Card data stolen from those SP+ locations ended up for sale on a competing cybercrime store called Goodshop.
In Missouri, the St. Louis Parking Company recently disclosed that it learned of breach involving card data stolen from its Union Station Parking facility between Oct. 6, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2014
McAfee Labs™ Report Previews 2015 Developments in Exploits and Evasion
McAfee Labs Dubs 2014 “Year of Shaken Trust”; Predicts 2015 Trends in Internet Trust Exploits, Privacy, Mobile, Internet of Things, and Cyber Espionage
December 2014 — Intel® Security today released its McAfee Labs November 2014 Threats Report, including an analysis of threat activity in the third quarter of 2014, and the organization’s annual 2015 Threats Predictions for the coming year. The report details a third quarter filled with threat development milestones and cyber events exploiting long-established Internet trust standards. McAfee Labs forecasts a 2015 threat landscape shaped by more attacks exploiting these standards, new attack surfaces in mobile and Internet of Things (IoT), and increasingly sophisticated cyber espionage capabilities, including techniques capable of evading sandboxing detection technologies.
In the third quarter, McAfee Labs detected more than 307 new threats every minute, or more than five every second, with mobile malware samples growing by 16 percent during the quarter, and overall malware surging by 76 percent year over year. The researchers also identified new attempts to take advantage of Internet trust models, including secure socket layer (SSL) vulnerabilities such as Heartbleed and BERserk, and the continued abuse of digital signatures to disguise malware as legitimate code.
In 2015, McAfee Labs predicts malicious parties will seek to extend their ability to avoid detection over long periods, with non-state actors increasingly adopting cyber espionage capabilities for monitoring and collecting valuable data over extended targeted attack campaigns. The researchers predict more aggressive efforts to identify application, operating system, and network vulnerabilities, and an increasing focus on the limitations of sandboxing technologies as hackers attempt to evade application- and hypervisor-based detection.
“The year 2014 will be remembered as ‘the Year of Shaken Trust,’” said Vincent Weafer, Senior Vice President, McAfee Labs, part of Intel Security. “This unprecedented series of events shook industry confidence in long-standing Internet trust models, consumer confidence in organizations’ abilities to protect their data, and organizations’ confidence in their ability to detect and deflect targeted attacks in a timely manner. Restoring trust in 2015 will require stronger industry collaboration, new standards for a new threat landscape, and new security postures that shrink time-to-detection through the superior use of threat data. Ultimately, we need to get to a security model that’s built-in by design, seamlessly integrated into every device at every layer of the compute stack.”
McAfee Labs foresees the following trends in 2015:
1. Increased use of cyber warfare and espionage tactics. Cyber espionage attacks will continue to increase in frequency as long-term players will become stealthier information gatherers, while newcomers to cyber-attack capabilities will look for ways to steal sensitive information and disrupt their adversaries.
o Established nation-state actors will work to enhance their ability to remain hidden on victim systems and networks.
o Cybercriminals will continue to act more like nation-state cyber espionage actors, focusing on monitoring systems and gathering high-value intelligence on individuals, intellectual property, and operational intelligence.
o McAfee Labs predicts that more small nation states and terror groups will use cyber warfare.
2. Greater Internet of Things attack frequency, profitability, and severity. Unless security controls are built-in to their architectures from the beginning, the rush to deploy IoT devices at scale will outpace the priorities of security and privacy. This rush and the increasing value of data gathered, processed, and shared by these devices will draw the first notable IoT paradigm attacks in 2015.
o The increasing proliferation of IoT devices in environments such as health care could provide malicious parties access to personal data even more valuable than credit card data. For instance, according to the McAfee Labs report entitled Cybercrime Exposed: Cybercrime-as-a-Service, the cybercrime community currently values stolen health credentials at around $10 each, which is about 10 to 20 times the value of a stolen U.S. credit card number.
3. Privacy debates intensify. Data privacy will continue to be a hot topic as governments and businesses continue to grapple with what is fair and authorized access to inconsistently defined “personal information.”
o In 2015 we will see continued discussion and lack of clarity around what constitutes “personal information” and to what extent that information may be accessed and shared by state or private actors.
o We will see a continued evolution in scope and content of data privacy rules and regulations, we may even see laws begin to regulate the use of previously anonymous data sets.
o The European Union, countries in Latin America, as well as Australia, Japan, South Korea, Canada, and many others may enact more stringent data privacy laws and regulations.
4. Ransomware evolves into the cloud. Ransomware will evolve its methods of propagation, encryption, and the targets it seeks. More mobile devices are likely to suffer attacks.
o We predict ransomware variants that manage to evade security software installed on a system will specifically target endpoints that subscribe to cloud-based storage solutions.
o Once the endpoint has been infected, the ransomware will attempt to exploit the logged-on user’s stored credentials to also infect backed-up cloud storage data.
o We expect the technique of ransomware targeting cloud-backed-up data to be repeated in the mobile space.
o We expect a continued rise in mobile ransomware using virtual currency as the ransom payment method.
5. New mobile attack surfaces and capabilities. Mobile attacks will continue to grow rapidly as new mobile technologies expand the attack surface.
o The growing availability of malware-generation kits and malware source code for mobile devices will lower the barrier to entry for cybercriminals targeting these devices.
o Untrusted app stores will continue to be a major source of mobile malware. Traffic to these stores will be driven by “malvertising,” which has grown quickly on mobile platforms.
6. POS attacks increase and evolve with digital payments. Point of sale (POS) attacks will remain lucrative, and a significant upturn in consumer adoption of digital payment systems on mobile devices will provide new attack surfaces that cybercriminals will exploit.
o Despite current efforts by retailers to deploy more chip-and-pin cards and card readers, McAfee Labs sees continued growth in POS system breaches in 2015 based on the sheer numbers of POS devices that will need to be upgraded in North America.
o Near field communications (NFC) digital payment technology will become an entirely new attack surface to exploit, unless user education can successfully guide users in taking control of NFC features on their mobile devices.
7. Shellshock sparks Unix, Linux attacks. Non-Windows malware attacks will increase as a result of the Shellshock vulnerability.
o McAfee Labs predicts that the aftershocks of Shellshock with be felt for many years given the number of potentially vulnerable Unix or Linux devices, from routers to TVs, industrial controllers, flight systems, and critical infrastructure.
o In 2015, this will drive a significant increase in non-Windows malware as attackers look to exploit the vulnerability.
8. Growing exploitation of software flaws. The exploitation of vulnerabilities is likely to increase as new flaws are discovered in popular software products.
o McAfee Labs predicts that exploitation techniques such as stack pivoting, return- and jump-oriented programming, and a deeper understanding of 64-bit software will continue to drive the growth in the number of newly discovered vulnerabilities, as will the volume of malware that exploits those newly discovered vulnerabilities.
9. New evasion tactics for sandboxing. Escaping the sandbox will become a significant IT security battlefield.
o Vulnerabilities have been identified in the sandboxing technologies implemented with critical and popular applications. McAfee Labs predicts a growth in the number of techniques to exploit those vulnerabilities and escape application sandboxes.
o Beyond application sandboxing, McAfee Labs predicts that 2015 will bring malware that can successfully exploit hypervisor vulnerabilities to break out of some security vendors’ standalone sandbox systems.
For a full copy of the McAfee Labs Threats Report: November 2014, which includes 2015 threat predictions, please visit: http://mcaf.ee/ojbsz
About McAfee Labs
McAfee Labs is one of the world’s leading sources for threat research, threat intelligence, and cybersecurity thought leadership. The McAfee Labs team of more than 400 researchers collects threat data from millions of sensors across key threat vectors—file, web, message, and network. It then performs cross-vector threat correlation analysis and delivers real-time threat intelligence to tightly integrated McAfee endpoint and network security products through its cloud-based McAfee Global Threat Intelligence service. McAfee Labs also develops core threat detection technologies—such as DeepSAFE, application profiling, and graylist management—that are incorporated into the broadest security product portfolio in the industry.
About Intel Security
McAfee is now part of Intel Security. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, Intel Security is intensely focused on developing proactive, proven security solutions and services that protect systems, networks, and mobile devices for business and personal use around the world. Intel Security is combining the experience and expertise of McAfee with the innovation and proven performance of Intel to make security an essential ingredient in every architecture and on every computing platform. The mission of Intel Security is to give everyone the confidence to live and work safely and securely in the digital world. www.intelsecurity.com.
Other recent articles on security and retailers;
- IID Predicts a Far More Closed Internet in 2016
- (PointofSale.com Blog)
- Created on 10 December 2014
- … closed Internet ecosystems, malicious hackers will be forced to change their tactics.They will likely rely more on watering hole attacks, whereby hackers tamper with third-party sites that countries n …